Sunday, November 04, 2007

First snow of the winter



This time last year I was doing the first ice climbs of the winter, although after a fortnight everything melted and stayed that way until mid-January. Hopefully this winter will be less exceptional and we'll get some longer lasting cold weather and snow. It's sunny now so the snow not in the shade is melting.

Yesterday I swapped the summer tyres for winter tyres on the car. The first couple of times I found this novel and sort of exciting, like I was becoming a real Finn. Now its just another dull (and mucky) job that has to be done. I must be getting old and jaded. I still can't bring myself to pay someone else to do it though, as many others do. What I really want to do is find a way to fit the relevant sized socket-spanner on to my power drill, Formula 1 pit-stop style. Then it would be fun, as all jobs involving power tools tend to be.

No comments: