Monday, March 31, 2008

On yer bike



I finally got my bike fixed up this last weekend, so after nearly three months of very little cycling, today I decided it was time to get back on the path to cardio-vascular fitness and a slimmer waistline. It was actually quite pleasant as today was very spring-like, frosty in the shade still but you could feel warmth when in the sun. Riding on non-studded tyres felt smooth and fast. The video above is from my phone riding along the water front of the Kruunuhaka district of downtown Helsinki. The most obvious big building visible is the Orthodox Cathedral.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice=)
In two weeks I'll do the same.. in St.Pb. Cycling is fun! =)

Toby - Northern Light Blog said...

From what I've seen of Russian drivers, you are a very brave woman! Take care!

By the way, I used to look at your blog sometimes, but now I can't find it via your blogger profile?

L said...

=) Sometimes cycling here can be compared with a kamikaze ride. Though I've always managed to get safe from one end to another.

I deleted my so called blog... It was a bit or a lot annoying to my mind. And since I'm not annoying by nature I need to start something fresher.