Monday, April 21, 2008

Forza Italia!?

I don't know a lot about Italian politics, but when President Putin is shutting down newspapers from your garden - that puts you on my well-dodgy-geezer list Silvio! What with the corruption allegations, press monopolization, attempts to subvert an independent judiciary and exceedingly misplaced sense of humour, Mr Belursconi was only on my rather-dodgy-geezer list previously. The Economist made me chuckle (and had me humming late 70s pop-ditties for the rest of the day):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Got a question: where in Helsinki I could buy me a Sigg thermo mug? In case you know it. They don't sell them in StPb or elsewhere in Russia. Ordering a mug through the Internet is not the best idea as I can't wait. Finland remains so far the closest place where I can go shopping... =)
I'd be grateful for your answer.

Toby - Northern Light Blog said...

Best bet would probably be Partioaitta (Yrjönkatu 34). There is another biggish camping/hiking shop across the road from them, if they don't have what you want.

http://www.partioaitta.fi/

Does it have to be Sigg? If not, I reckon the Ikea thermos mug is one of the best I've used. Some of the others with screw on lids tend to dribble your coffee out the side which is kinda embarrassing when you're on the bus. The Ikea one doesn't and is cheap.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot. They don't have it on the site. I'll check Ikea out. Didn't think of it actually. Thanks.