Thursday, October 30, 2008

Paris


Bon soir mes amis – I’m in Paris just in case you couldn’t guess, and it also seems that someone is trying to remind somebody else that France is in the EU.

It’s a few years since I last visited, but my opinion hasn’t changed – its rather like London isn’t it? This might sound sacrilegious for both Londoners and Parisians but it's true.


Lots of trees, tourists and illegal immigrants flogging tourist tat to them, roads going in random directions, parks, crazy traffic, cops everywhere, a big river through the middle etc. Obviously they aren’t identical, but they ‘feel’ very similar. I've even got a hotel room a bit like the ones they always have in Hollywood movies - where you can always see the Eiffel Tower, although I have to look sharply upwards to do so.

No comments: