Tuesday, September 22, 2009

100,000 visits.

Some relaxing Northern light - with ducks for added value

I've just noticed the little hit counter at the bottom of this blog has passed 100,000 hits since I started it in 2006. Even accounting for google bots, spammers and the numerous people who come here via search engines whilst looking for "gay penguins" or "how to carry an ice axe" - that's still a huge number of people choosing to visit my blog and read my ramblings. Thank you to everyone, knowing people are actually reading this is the main reason why I keep at it.

I can't promise anything else than more semi-regular mid-grade climbing reports; a smattering of photos - some good some not; rants about people parking on cycle paths; reasonably informed opinion on the bits of international political life that I know something about and uniformed guesses about those bits that I don't know about; and my continued observations of things about Finland that amuse or annoy me - but that seems to be enough already to help you pass a few minutes of your day!

Of course if I find out anything about how gay penguins carry ice axes I will let you all know.

7 comments:

Jude Calvert-Toulmin said...

Bah, I'm only on 73K and 72K of those are people googling for mother-in-law-son-in-law-sex! Seriously, nice one Toby. You blog regularly about varied and interesting stuff, and that's why people keep returning. *applause* X

ed said...

congratulations toby!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the gay penguins.

Always look forward to your posts. They carry an air of normality that I find oddly reassuring.

Toby - Northern Light Blog said...

Thank you Mr/Mrs Anonymous. That's one of the nicest things that's been said to me in ages. :-)

Zzzzzz said...

Not really anon. Jonah on UKC.

Jimmy said...

Haha the searches people use to get to a personal blog always amuses me

F@bien said...

Keep it up! The politics, the climbing and the pinguins!