Tuesday, September 08, 2009

2000 kms and counting

OK, so you can't actually see much in the above photo, so you'll just have to trust me. That was taken just as my cycle computer clicked past the 2000 km mark - the distance I've done so far this year commuting to work and back (I've racked up another couple of hundred 'k's biking for fun, off and on road). I generally average about 25 kmph whilst commuting, so that 80 hours of this year that I've spent pounding the pedals on the cycle path network of the Greater Helsinki area. You can now start to see why I can bore just about anyone with my in depth policy analysis of the place of cycling in the capital's integrated transport planning. I've had plenty of time to think about it.

Today's commute highlight was stopping to scrump apples for this evening's chokeberry and apple jam making session.

No comments: