Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wild Wales (2)

I recently wrote a review of the Marmot Genesis Jacket I got sent to test for UKC. In the review I noted that the wildest weather I had tried it in was in Wales at Christmas time, when Mat and I climbed the Cneifion Arete above Ogwen - this is despite having used it lots in the brutally cold January we had here in Finland, in temps as low as -26. I just happened to stumble over a little video on the Backpacker magazine website of a bunch of their American staff backpacking in the same area. They obviously enjoyed themselves a lot but talk about the worst weather in the world! Little mountains, wild weather, but a pub and good beer at the end of the day. They obviously totally got it. It's easy to become blasé about our 'little' British mountains, so it great to see foreigners really enjoying them.


2 comments:

F@bien said...

Excellent!

ed said...

i like that, but 'Our windmeter broke at 27mph'...?? surely not..