Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New for reviewing: bags of various types.

Lots of packages arriving with new things to review for UKclimbing. Always a nice excuse to get outside. Firstly I'm trying out one of the new Sea to Summit down sleeping bags. It's got some really funky technology in it and the company is very excited about launching them - I think there are genuinely some novel ideas involved.


It's also very red and rather jolly looking which has got to make it work better don't you think?


Secondly, I'm going to be doing a group review of "crag pack for trad racks". I think cragging packs - rucksacks designed for getting your climbing gear to the cliff, but not for actually climbing with - are great.


So far I have an Arcteryx Miura 50 and a Mammut Neon Gear 45. First impressions of both are very good.


Both are kind of boxes with rucksack straps, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

No comments: